Portland Wilds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Keywords

2011  2012  

Latest topics
» Lecons D Exhib 18
April 25 2012 Painful History  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 5:13 am by 

» VA - Masterpiece Vol. 11 The Ultimate Disco Funk Collection 2011.torrent
April 25 2012 Painful History  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:40 am by 

» VA - Masterpiece Vol. 11 The Ultimate Disco Funk Collection 2011.torrent
April 25 2012 Painful History  I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:40 am by 

» Reply with quote Re: April 29, 2012 What, what is this?
April 25 2012 Painful History  I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:30 pm by Catchy Name Here

» April 29, 2012 What, what is this?
April 25 2012 Painful History  I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:41 pm by ThePage

» April 24, 2012 Evening Stroll and much more?
April 25 2012 Painful History  I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:28 pm by gecko

» Monday April 23, 2012 David and The Goliath
April 25 2012 Painful History  I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:56 pm by gecko

» April 25 2012 Painful History
April 25 2012 Painful History  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:10 pm by Dr.Horrible

» Character up in hurrrr
April 25 2012 Painful History  I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:26 pm by ThePage

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatBox

April 25 2012 Painful History

2 posters

Go down

April 25 2012 Painful History  Empty April 25 2012 Painful History

Post  Dr.Horrible Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:00 pm

David made his way away from his pack. Leaving behind him what probably could of been a great night but for some odd reason, he just didn't care. His thoughts were taking him to a place in his mind that he hadn't thought possible. It's been so long since he was in that "dark" place. And he couldn't afford to go back.

"This isn't the time for this. This isn't the time for this." He repeated under his breath, making his way around the mindless crowd of people on the streets.

Emotions. He hated them. The only one that mattered was happy. That's what he portrayed to everyone, so it should be the only one that mattered.

After a few minutes, David found the park he was looking for. Not too far from the pack, and it was hidden behind a building.

"Finally. Here. I just need to clear my mind. Yeah, that's what I'll do. Clear it up, and go back. All there is to it." He said to himself. He must of looked crazy if people saw him, talking to himself in a quick manner. But he didn't care.
Dr.Horrible
Dr.Horrible
Cub
Cub

Character sheet
Name: David Thompson
Virtue/Vice: Gluttony/Justice
Auspice: Elodoth

Back to top Go down

April 25 2012 Painful History  Empty Re: April 25 2012 Painful History

Post  ThePage Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:09 pm

It was warmer that night. Spring is progressively become summer as the cool breezes of the past months disappear into the more warm winds of the months to come.

The park was quiet- A large expanse of green bordered on most sides by tall, multi-storied buildings. Small, four person picnic benches dotted the area where the grimy yellow light of the lamps made them visible.

It wasn't immediate, to David, at the time, but a multitude of homeless men and women dotted the park. The most immediate being a trio sitting around a small trashcan fire they'd made on the far side of the expanse.
ThePage
ThePage
Storyteller

Character sheet
Name: Death Dealer
Virtue/Vice: Justice/Wrath/GoingToKillYou
Auspice: Rahu

https://portlandwilds.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Horrible Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:43 pm

He looked towards the homeless and couldn't help but feel bad for them. They're living their lives without meaning and are lost, lose from the path that sets them free. There they are, trapped in a cycle and slowly kills them as each day passes. This was a sad sight and it bothered David. It was then he decided to join them. What could they do? They're homeless, they won't pose a threat. So he slowly made his way to the bunch surrounding the small fire.

"Nice night we're havin here, huh?" David expected a sour response from the men, but it wouldn't bother him. After speaking, he looked up towards the moonlit sky and how the buildings looked as if they reaching towards the ball of light.

*ooc he is David. The moonstar.
Dr.Horrible
Dr.Horrible
Cub
Cub

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePage Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:55 pm

"Yeeeup," a dirtied, decayed-clothing-wearing woman said, her hands buried deep in her pants pockets as her gaze stayed up on the moon above. The other two - two men - loosed their intent stare upwards to look David over, though they didn't pay his much more normal dress any mind. Instead they glanced back down towards the fire in front of them.

"How's your kid, Jody?" one of the men - one wearing a red patched jacket - asked as he pulled the crumpled butt of a cigarette from his pocket. It wasn't until then that the woman broke her fixation on the stars above, her gaze turning back towards the man who spoke.

"She's with her Dad," the woman said as she watched the other man lean forward and lit the remnants of the cigarette with the burning flame before them. Taking it up to his mouth, he took a shallow drag, the single breath nearly bringing the thing down to it's filter. "It's better than here," she commented, her eyes finally landing on David.
ThePage
ThePage
Storyteller

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Horrible Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:36 pm

He winced when she said dad. Dad. He wondered where his was. Wondering why he left. He looked at the group and said

"How long have you guys been..you know, like this? If you don't mind me asking."
Dr.Horrible
Dr.Horrible
Cub
Cub

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePage Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:52 pm

The trio of degenerates turned their gaze towards David and, for a good time after his question, stared at him blankly. A quiet snicker broke the silence, from whom however was lost into the night. There was a sudden explosion of laughter blasting from their lungs, their eyes snapping shut as their shoulders shook.

"Fifteen," one man eventually said, the bearded man without the cigarette.

"Five," the other said after taking a long drag and flicking the bare filter into the fire in front of them.

There was a longer pause as their eyes turned towards the woman nearby, her gaze had shifted down towards the barrel in front of them in the process. "Six months," she eventually said. Turning his gaze back up to David, she quirked a small smirk and tilted her head to the side, "What about you?"
ThePage
ThePage
Storyteller

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Horrible Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:28 pm

With sincerity in his smile, David answered

"I'm actually not from here, I live by myself outside of town." He felt really bad that at night like this, they were out here. He wanted to do something for them.

"Hey, I have an idea. Why don't I grab something from the store and bring it back here? I'd be happy to buy some snacks, I just need something to do to get my mind off of stuff." David meant this, he wanted to help these group of people. He grabbed his wallet and nodded his head

"Well?"
Dr.Horrible
Dr.Horrible
Cub
Cub

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePage Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:14 pm

Casting a series of confused glances between one another, the trio eventually lets out another burst of laughter.

"We won't say no," the patch-marked man lets out in between bouts of laughter. Lifting a hand, he scratches at the side of his scraggly beard liberally, his humor-filled eyes intent on David.

The trio seems to be warming up to the Uratha, even what was previously the cold-mannered young homeless woman. There was a brief moment of pause before she tilted her head to the side and spoke up again, "What's your name, guy?"
ThePage
ThePage
Storyteller

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Horrible Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:56 pm

"My name is David, haha, nice to meet you three." David said

He thought about what he was doing. It felt good. Surely his father would do something like this, right? Well, all he knew that tonight, he would try to do his best, to forget.

"What might your names be?"
Dr.Horrible
Dr.Horrible
Cub
Cub

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePage Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:19 pm

"Don, Carlos, and Emmie," the woman said to David as she gestured to the others. First the patch-marked, cigarette smoker, then the bearded older gentleman. Taking a few moments, she lifted her hands and slid them into the pockets of her jacket, "It's nice to meet you, David."

The other homeless in the park were a little more active this time of night. Others joining along the picnic benches a distance away. One man sat underneath a large oak tree, his eyes down on a small book as he squinted to read the text. Though the parks was getting more populated, the only ones staying around the fire were the original three.
ThePage
ThePage
Storyteller

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Horrible Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:47 pm

He reached out to shake her hand. And nodded to the older looking men, shooting a smile at all of them. Then looking at the sky

"Man, nights like these sure make you think." He said still looking at the dim sky. This dull feeling came over him as he looked into the black abyss over their heads. We're so small, he thought, and so worthless. He then shock his head as he came to eye level with Don, Carlos, and Emmie.

"7 years. 7 longs years of searching." He said under his breath.
Dr.Horrible
Dr.Horrible
Cub
Cub

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePage Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:24 pm

Emmie stared down at David's hand for a long few moments, her eyes fixated on it.

"Hope you find what you're looking for," she said in response to the man's murmured question, her hearing obviously good enough to pick up the quiet if inaudible words. Gripping the man's hand tightly, she gave it a firm shake before returning her hand to her pocket.

With that, she went quiet, her own eyes turning back up towards the sky after the Uratha's, the other two in the immediate area following quickly.
ThePage
ThePage
Storyteller

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Horrible Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:53 pm

David was a little surprised. She has quite the hearing, he thought to himself

"Say, before it gets darker, we should go get some food, yeah?" He smiled. He felt that what he was doing, would ease his mind and make him forget. Forget about those stupid thoughts that entered his mind minutes ago.

"I know I shouldn't be doing this but, alcohol anybody?" He said laughing near the end of the sentence. David knew drinking would be very bad him for him. Considering what he went through with the liquid earlier in his life.
Dr.Horrible
Dr.Horrible
Cub
Cub

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePage Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:39 pm

"Hell yeah," the cigarette smoking man said immediately after David's offering. If his beard hadn't covered it, one might have been able to see a blush afterwards. "Uh... if you don't mind, I mean," he sputters, a quiet, hacking cough audible as he lifts a hand to cover his mouth.

A few moments of silence give way to a sudden burst of laughter from the other two, their eyes closing and as they expel sudden, amused breaths. The entirety of the park continues along as normal, every so often a few glances are cast the group's way, but, no one appears to pay much attention.

"What'd you have in mind?" Emmie eventually spoke up to David, her head tilting to the side slightly?
ThePage
ThePage
Storyteller

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Horrible Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:10 pm

David laughed,

"Don't worry about it! It's on me!" He turned his attention the Emmie, her curious stance had brought a smile to his face

"Whatever seems suiting. I prefer hard liquors, but, you guys are the people I'm treating, so it's your choice."
Dr.Horrible
Dr.Horrible
Cub
Cub

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content