Portland Wilds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Keywords

2012  2011  

Latest topics
» Lecons D Exhib 18
Willpower, Essence, Renown, and Primal Urge I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 5:13 am by 

» VA - Masterpiece Vol. 11 The Ultimate Disco Funk Collection 2011.torrent
Willpower, Essence, Renown, and Primal Urge I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:40 am by 

» VA - Masterpiece Vol. 11 The Ultimate Disco Funk Collection 2011.torrent
Willpower, Essence, Renown, and Primal Urge I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:40 am by 

» Reply with quote Re: April 29, 2012 What, what is this?
Willpower, Essence, Renown, and Primal Urge I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:30 pm by Catchy Name Here

» April 29, 2012 What, what is this?
Willpower, Essence, Renown, and Primal Urge I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:41 pm by ThePage

» April 24, 2012 Evening Stroll and much more?
Willpower, Essence, Renown, and Primal Urge I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:28 pm by gecko

» Monday April 23, 2012 David and The Goliath
Willpower, Essence, Renown, and Primal Urge I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:56 pm by gecko

» April 25 2012 Painful History
Willpower, Essence, Renown, and Primal Urge I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:10 pm by Dr.Horrible

» Character up in hurrrr
Willpower, Essence, Renown, and Primal Urge I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:26 pm by ThePage

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatBox

Willpower, Essence, Renown, and Primal Urge

Go down

Willpower, Essence, Renown, and Primal Urge Empty Willpower, Essence, Renown, and Primal Urge

Post  ThePage Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:38 am

Willpower

Your character's Willpower is figured out by adding their Resolve and their Composure together. Willpower - in the confines of the forum-based play - is generally used for feats a character would normally fail. As such, they are primarily used during Storyteller Scenes. Whilst playing a StS, if a result happens that you don't like the outcome of, you may spend any portion of your maximum Willpower to garner a different result. Alternatively, your character's can spend it during normal play to perform things normally out of bounds. You must make it absolutely clear that you're spending it. If you're found to be doing something outside of the constraints of reality, there will be repercussions.

When spending Willpower, make sure you highlight the sentence in Blue.

Make sure your character sheet actively reflects your current Willpower.

Essence

Your character's Essence is entirely determined on your Primal Urge. At one Primal Urge (which is what every character starts at), your maximum Essence is 10. Two main things cost Essence: Using Gifts, and changing your character from one form to another. In order to do it in one turn (essentially one post) you must spend a point of essence. Without spending essence, you'll have to wait a determined period of time (circumstantial based on the amount of time determined) that usually comes out to a second post.

To clarify: If you're in combat with another PC or NPC, you must spend an essence to both start the change, and finish the change in one post. If you'd prefer, you can start the change, and finish the change in two. If, for example, you are intent on changing to full wolf, and there are no time constraints, you are free to do it in one post.

All Essence expenditure should be highlighted in Brown.

Make sure your character sheet reflects your active Essence.

Renown

It is important to mention that Renown is awarded to the character be a series of Lunar spirits and, for the most part, characters have no ability to alter Renown themselves. Each different Renown (Cunning, Honor, for example) is increased by acting strongly in that particular aspect. In order to learn stronger gifts, a character has to have higher Renown, as well as higher Primal Urge. So, if at any point during play, you believe you deserve a bump to your Renown, PM me or another Storyteller, and we will review it.

Primal Urge

Primal Urge is your character's connection to their Spiritual side. The amount you've grown together with the Wolf. It doesn't necessarily mean you're a violent, power-hungry monster. But it means you're much closer to that than a human. As such, Werewolves with higher Primal Urge live longer and are generally considered stronger.

Primal Urge will be given out to players on a case-by-case basis.
ThePage
ThePage
Storyteller

Character sheet
Name: Death Dealer
Virtue/Vice: Justice/Wrath/GoingToKillYou
Auspice: Rahu

https://portlandwilds.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum