Portland Wilds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Keywords

2011  2012  

Latest topics
» Lecons D Exhib 18
Storyteller Scene: Sunday April 22nd 2012- Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 5:13 am by 

» VA - Masterpiece Vol. 11 The Ultimate Disco Funk Collection 2011.torrent
Storyteller Scene: Sunday April 22nd 2012- Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:40 am by 

» VA - Masterpiece Vol. 11 The Ultimate Disco Funk Collection 2011.torrent
Storyteller Scene: Sunday April 22nd 2012- Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:40 am by 

» Reply with quote Re: April 29, 2012 What, what is this?
Storyteller Scene: Sunday April 22nd 2012- Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:30 pm by Catchy Name Here

» April 29, 2012 What, what is this?
Storyteller Scene: Sunday April 22nd 2012- Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:41 pm by ThePage

» April 24, 2012 Evening Stroll and much more?
Storyteller Scene: Sunday April 22nd 2012- Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:28 pm by gecko

» Monday April 23, 2012 David and The Goliath
Storyteller Scene: Sunday April 22nd 2012- Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:56 pm by gecko

» April 25 2012 Painful History
Storyteller Scene: Sunday April 22nd 2012- Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:10 pm by Dr.Horrible

» Character up in hurrrr
Storyteller Scene: Sunday April 22nd 2012- Introductions - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:26 pm by ThePage

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatBox

Storyteller Scene: Sunday April 22nd 2012- Introductions

+3
Apocalypse
Dr.Horrible
ThePage
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Storyteller Scene: Sunday April 22nd 2012- Introductions - Page 2 Empty Re: Storyteller Scene: Sunday April 22nd 2012- Introductions

Post  gecko Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:46 pm

Gwen felt the eyes of the other woman before she spoke. Looking up, she met her gaze, and blinked lamely at the question. "I only have gone out a few times...I'm really not a fan of all this running...and the dirt. There's just no end to it! Though, I do have to admit, it's far nicer like that," she inflected upon the last word. "I haven't found anything interesting, I suppose. It's just all...so new, you know? One minute your nose deep in the returns and the next your nose is something new entirely! Like a bad dream, that's what it is. All the weird hallucinations and the sights and the sounds...I don't know. Was that what I was supposed to be doing? Patrolling for something? For what?" Her youth shown through as she bombarded Hazel with her questions. Timidness gone, she was aching for some answers.
gecko
gecko
Pup
Pup

Character sheet
Name: Gwen Connolly
Virtue/Vice: Hope/Gluttony
Auspice: Cahalith

Back to top Go down

Storyteller Scene: Sunday April 22nd 2012- Introductions - Page 2 Empty Re: Storyteller Scene: Sunday April 22nd 2012- Introductions

Post  ThePage Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:53 pm

The Old Man stays quiet as he listens to the ever-growing enthusiasm of the young girl. Without speaking a word, he looks aside towards Hazel, his head tilted and eyes open expectantly.
ThePage
ThePage
Storyteller

Character sheet
Name: Death Dealer
Virtue/Vice: Justice/Wrath/GoingToKillYou
Auspice: Rahu

https://portlandwilds.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  hatingnathan Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:58 pm

Hazel smiled at the girl. Finally! She lived! It was nice to see some personality in the girl. "Oh, no, Gwen," Hazel chuckled as the girl went on about the strangeness of first becoming a Uratha. "I don't think any of us expected you to do anything groundbreaking at this point. Right now, just learning about your new body is a job all its own. No, no, you're doing just fine. I was just asking in case you had seen something." Hazel eventually turned her face back to Old Man Moon. "Anyway," she took a deep breath before continuing. "What is the reason behind this meeting, sir? I know that hardly the whole pack is here, but I'm itching to know and I'm sure the others are the same."
hatingnathan
hatingnathan
Pup
Pup

Character sheet
Name: Hazel McDonald
Virtue/Vice: Justice/ Pride
Auspice: Elodoth

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Horrible Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:03 am

David looking at the beauty outside, turns to the 2 girls conversating and interrupts them

"Well, looks like I'm no use here, haha! I'll be out front, I'll be taking care of some things. Yell if you need anything."

David said this as he made his way to the doorway. Looking at the sky, beautiful blue sky and everything around him. He's really taken in the beauty of mature when he first embraced his gift. It's what balances the world, something so simple as nature, something so vast with it's species. It's all so beauty.

Before making his way outside, he leans on the doorway, taking a deep breath

"Days like these sure make you think, don't they? Everything is so beautiful."

Dr.Horrible
Dr.Horrible
Cub
Cub

Character sheet
Name: David Thompson
Virtue/Vice: Gluttony/Justice

Back to top Go down

Post  gecko Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:38 am

Gwen watched as the other man left the room, and sighed in relief. Geez, first impressions matter, and he sure was a weirdo. Touchy people always annoyed her, didn't his teacher ever tell him to keep his hands to himself? She chuckled as she imagined a smaller David being scolded by an old woman brandishing a ruler as a threat she couldn't fulfill. As she glanced over, she saw the Old Man, and confirmed Hazel's thought, "I do want to know what's going on here...Since we're early, can't you treat us to a taste? You know, like how you taste the cookie dough before you bake it?" She grinned widely at the thought of cookies; she would have to bake some when she returned.
gecko
gecko
Pup
Pup

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePage Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:45 am

David, upon leaving the room, immediately sees the wide area outside past the porch. At every angle - beside the one directly in front of him - are lush, newly-bloomed trees swaying about in the light breeze. Though somewhat faint, the sound of water can be heard in the direction on the other side of the house.

"I wanted to get everyone acquainted," the Old Man started slowly, his gaze shifting across the floor towards Hazel and Gwen respectively. His next words are somewhat more hesitant- more reserved: "But, there's something else as well."

Taking in a deep breath he glance off towards the direction of the lake - The East. "The Stalkers are getting restless," he begins again, his old wrinkles clearly betraying a kind of worry in his eyes, "The Spirits in the area are growing more vibrant- Spirits of Anger and Violence fading in through the Gauntlet." Turning back towards the others gathered, he shakes his head once again, "It's unfortunate. I want to make everyone aware that the should be carefully when heading out in the direction of the Mountains. "
ThePage
ThePage
Storyteller

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Horrible Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:49 am

David took notice of this threat. This isn't good. The mountains were a place of a refuge, where one could lose themselves and run free. He paced back into the room and with a sudden boom he said

"Hah, not a problem. Nothing David can't handle!"

David knew that he shouldn't take this so lightly, and maybe they could tell by the look on this face.

"But seriously though, when did this start to happen?"

He said in more serious manner with his tone more dark and concerning
Dr.Horrible
Dr.Horrible
Cub
Cub

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  SunnyTheOwl Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:27 am

The ferryride was a bit of a mess. Jo had forgotten how to get a free ride and didn't have quite enough money herself to get on. But she'd managed to persuade them to let her pay with what little she had. To make matters worse, she HAD a phone, but while riding had managed to drop it into the water.

None the less, Jo still had a smile as she got off and walked toward the lodge. As she entered, she realized there was a group of people gathered around someone she recognized, the Old Man. She stopped suddenly and looked confused as she asked, "Oh...am I interrupting something? OHWAIT...this is where I meet you guys right? Cause you're the other pack membery thingies...right?"
Appearing very proud to almost recall why she was there, she beamed with joy and she stared dumbly at everyone.
SunnyTheOwl
SunnyTheOwl
Pack Whelp
Pack Whelp

Character sheet
Name: Jo Keeler
Virtue/Vice: Temperance/Wrath

Back to top Go down

Post  King of Nipples Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:42 am

Stump felt an uneasiness surge through his body. He brought his doughy fingers to his temples, and massaged them rhythmically. This strange turn of events has rattled his mind loose, like a trailer in a storm. Something's on his mind.

Lycanthropy. Its promise is power, endless vigor, but at what cost? One that is greater than any man can imagine, and heavier than any man can bare. No soul who has ever been graced by its macabre blessing has ever escaped the torment of its infinite burden. He won't be any different. He's just another brick in the wall.

As Stump steps off the ferry and into the forest, he wards away these heavy thoughts, and focuses on the schizotypal rage brewing in the pit of his mind. It's always there, always on his mind. Warding it off with self pity and disgrace is all he can do to function in society. Or, attempt to function. He's been on the streets for over ten years. A mindless drunk wandering on the levy isn't usually seen as a productive member of society. Time passes as if it were nothing. Before he knows it, his hand is on the doorknob. The door to the future awaits, but is he ready to face his kin?

"Welcome." the old man Moon croaks from his rocking chair. Pleasantries are exchanged, and the schizoid nature of Stump is slowly being subdued by social anxiety.

"So, um-" Stump stutters, choking on his own words. "What am I supposed to expect from all this?"
King of Nipples
King of Nipples

Character sheet
Name: Stump Chunkman

Back to top Go down

Post  Apocalypse Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:25 am

Dameon listened close to the Old Man's words. He said that the Stalkers were growing restless, and the spirits were growing vibrant... "The Stalkers... They're the other pack here, right?" He was new to the pack, and didn't know much about the area, nor the other packs. Noticing the newcomer, Gwen, he nodded at her, and slouched a bit more forward. As David left, Dameon thought to himself; 'How could someone enjoy their day with the sun this bright?', and scoffed. A newcomer entered, again, and exchanged words with the old man. He nodded at him as well.

"And what about these spirits?" he continued. "I don't know much about them, what exactly do they do?"
Apocalypse
Apocalypse
Pup
Pup

Character sheet
Name: Dameon Ericson
Virtue/Vice: Fortitude/Greed
Auspice: Irraka

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePage Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:14 pm

The introduction of Jo seemed to please the Old Man greatly. He gave the young woman a bright, fond smile and gestured for her to take a seat. Silence falls for a short few moments after all questions are asked and, once the other, large man entered and the words were exchanged, his expression shifted towards something more melancholy.

"I do not know," he stated simply, as if it answered all questions available. There's a flicker, barely visible to anyone looking, as he looks down towards the arm of the chair.

"It's something we must deal with cautiously, however," he begins again, his eyes turning up more fixedly towards the newer arrivals, "I do want to urge, now. There is to be no conflict. The Deep Forest is their sacred territory. We do not enter it without their permission, and even the weakest of predator will be able to tell where it begins and where it ends. Most of you haven't been there. Make it stay that way." There's another brief pause before he gestures off towards the doorway, "The Mountains should be safe. They've little reason to protect that area with the fervor they have otherwise. Just, be safe. And try to go in pairs."

Another moment passes as he turns his attention towards Stump. "It's an intricate question," he begins, a curious turn made in his voice. "I haven't had the time to explain to you your duties," everything turns towards business, his words coming much more matter-of-factly as he shifts in his seat.

"We are to keep the balance of Spirits in this world to a minimum. We are to protect the humans even when they don't wish to be protected. We are to protect each other as much as we can," taking in a deep breath, he pauses and gestures behind him, "The Locus. We are to fulfill our duty to our Totem - The-Current-In-The-Stream - and protect the Locus with our lives. Without the locus, we do not have essence. And without our essence, we do not have strength. You should expect scars. And you should expect death. You should expect Family."

Last edited by ThePage on Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
ThePage
ThePage
Storyteller

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Horrible Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:31 pm

"Stay in pairs, forest is a no go, mountains are okay. Okay, got it. I'll be out if you need me." David said with no real concern. He knew that the forest was a sacred place and entering it would be suicide, especially without the consent needed to enter. But the mountains, that was his pride and joy.Being able to run free is amazing, and David knew an extra person wouldn't be terrible but, he just wanted to check the mountains out himself.

"Starting trouble in our neck of the woods, are they?" He said under his breath as he walked out.

"I'll just have to see what's going on for myself." He said looking towards the breath taking scenery of the mountain.

David knew that if we went by himself, he'd get into some sort of trouble, but that didn't phase him. So looking towards the mountain, he left.
Dr.Horrible
Dr.Horrible
Cub
Cub

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Apocalypse Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:20 pm

'I still don't get most of this stuff...' Dameon thought to himself, while listening to the Old Man talk about the Spirits and the Locus. He shrugged off the feeling- he didn't care all that much, anyway. He was about to speak, but David spoke more quickly.

"You're going off by yourself? Isn't that the exact opposite of what you were told to do?" He mumbled, as David left through the door. The sun had moved, and began shining on him once more. He stood up, and walked to a corner, and leaned up by the door. "Well, it's getting late. I have a job to go to, so I'll see you all some other time." Dameon turned, and walked out the door, throwing his hood up over his head to block the sun from his eyes. 'Soon, the sun will set, and the night will start,' he thought.
Apocalypse
Apocalypse
Pup
Pup

Character sheet
Name: Dameon Ericson
Virtue/Vice: Fortitude/Greed
Auspice: Irraka

Back to top Go down

Post  hatingnathan Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:29 pm

Hazel resisted the urge to roll her eyes at David as he left. He did that a lot, wandered off. It didn't usually bode well for the pack. David had a tendency to get into trouble when left to his own devices. "I think I'll go after him, if that's okay with you, sir. Just to make sure he doesn't get into too much trouble." Hazel bent her back slightly in a respectful half-bow to the pack Alpha. She turned toward the same door David had left through and took a few steps in the same direction. Hazel stopped herself and turned to look at Gwen.

"Would you like to come with, Gwen?" Hazel asked politely, not implying in either way whether she wanted the other girl to come or not. It was entirely up to her. "I might need a little help keeping him under control and I'd be happy to answer--or rather, try to answer--any questions you might have." She said this last with a smile, letting the girl know that whether she accepted or declined her offer, it was all fine.
hatingnathan
hatingnathan
Pup
Pup

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dr.Horrible Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:39 pm

As David heard the others talk, he realized that it wouldn't be so bad if they came along. After all, David loved showing his skills. Making his way back he sighed

"Are you guys coming or what? We don't have all day you know." David said with strain in his voice.

David looked to the sky and thought about what might be ahead of him
Dr.Horrible
Dr.Horrible
Cub
Cub

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  SunnyTheOwl Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:54 pm

Rising from her seat, Jo looked a bit disappointed to see the first man go.
Everyone's leaving...She frowned for a moment once the girl with the nicely toned skin arose. A goofy smile appeared as she stared at the woman's arms, it really was a nice color. Her head shook, keeping her from getting distracted, and it cocked to the side, "Why's everyone going?"
When she heard David she perked up and happily hopped to the door.
"WAIT! Are we all gonna have bonding time? And you know, not be all quiet awkward and stuff now?" her voice was full of pure delight and excitement.
SunnyTheOwl
SunnyTheOwl
Pack Whelp
Pack Whelp

Character sheet
Name: Jo Keeler

Back to top Go down

Post  hatingnathan Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:05 pm

Hazel's eyes widened at the newest girl's enthusiasm. She wanted to go too? Okay, so David was definitely going, and Hazel couldn't very well let him go off alone, or with a few newcomers who didn't know how things worked. If this new girl--Jo, was it?--was going too, along with Gwen, then that would make four of them. Four werewolves going uninvited into another pack's territory. And what about Stump? Since Dameon seemed to have disappeared entirely, that left the homeless gentleman all alone, and that couldn't do.

Hazel raised her eyebrows at Old Man Moon. If there were that many of them going, it would make it easier to get caught, and it would look like a full on invasion from a rival pack. They couldn't afford to increase hostilities between the packs over a misunderstanding. She looked to their alpha for guidance. What did they do?
hatingnathan
hatingnathan
Pup
Pup

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  ThePage Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:11 pm

The sun is almost completely set in the distance, the dramatic breezes taking on something much more cool as they twist through the air.

"I doubt the Stalkers will give you much trouble, if you stick to the highway on your way there," the Old Man comments as he lurches up from his seat.

Turning away, he begins across the room towards the far hallway, his next comment left as he passes into it, "Just- Stay out of the thick forest, there. We don't- Well, just stay out. And Stay safe."
ThePage
ThePage
Storyteller

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  gecko Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:19 pm

Gwen rose from her seat and stood behind Hazel before leaving. "Hazel, that'd be great. I'm sure we'd all love to be enlightened. And it's a pleasure to meet you both." She nodded towards the newest additions. Eyeing the fuzzy-haired one, she reassured the pint-sized girl, "I'm sure there'll be plenty of..erm, bonding time? I suppose we're possibly the youngest in the batch so far, yes?" As strange as she thought the girl from her bold introduction, she wasn't particularly annoyed by her other than her loudness. However, the expressive nature of her face amused her greatly...it was like the rule of small animals...smaller the better, and any slight movement was just prime for delight.
gecko
gecko
Pup
Pup

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  hatingnathan Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:39 pm

Okay, so everyone was going. Now that Hazel was assured that the Stalkers wouldn't have any issues with them being there, she could breathe easy over the sheer number of them going. She looked around at the mismatched group that they were. She liked it. This was definitely an interesting group, and she couldn't wait to learn more about everyone and what they could all do.

"All right," Hazel said, clearing her throat. "So let's get going, already."
hatingnathan
hatingnathan
Pup
Pup

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2