Portland Wilds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Keywords

2011  2012  

Latest topics
» Lecons D Exhib 18
Virtues and Vices I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 5:13 am by 

» VA - Masterpiece Vol. 11 The Ultimate Disco Funk Collection 2011.torrent
Virtues and Vices I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:40 am by 

» VA - Masterpiece Vol. 11 The Ultimate Disco Funk Collection 2011.torrent
Virtues and Vices I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:40 am by 

» Reply with quote Re: April 29, 2012 What, what is this?
Virtues and Vices I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:30 pm by Catchy Name Here

» April 29, 2012 What, what is this?
Virtues and Vices I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:41 pm by ThePage

» April 24, 2012 Evening Stroll and much more?
Virtues and Vices I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:28 pm by gecko

» Monday April 23, 2012 David and The Goliath
Virtues and Vices I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:56 pm by gecko

» April 25 2012 Painful History
Virtues and Vices I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 5:10 pm by Dr.Horrible

» Character up in hurrrr
Virtues and Vices I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:26 pm by ThePage

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatBox

Virtues and Vices

Go down

Virtues and Vices Empty Virtues and Vices

Post  ThePage Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:51 am

Vices

The World of Darkness is absolutely filled with Vice. Sins are committed by most everyone every single day in the real world- what would make a place much, much more violent and much, much worse any different?

Lust- The Sin of Lust is one of the most immediate Vices visible in our culture today. Generally thought of as the excess of sex and things of a sexual nature, to fulfill ones Lust is to fulfill something one lusts after. While this is generally associated with sex, it is not always the case. One could argue it apply to multiple things and, at a Storyteller's discretion, one might be rewarded the Willpower regardless.

Gluttony- The Sin of Gluttony is the indulgence of something to excess. Most commonly associated with food, Gluttony can also apply to drugs or alcohol.

Greed- The Sin of Greed is most easily envisioned by the act of theft. Stealing someone else's belongings is the easiest, most base aspect of Greed.

Sloth- The Sin of Sloth is the act of absolute sluggishness. Laziness to the point of injury or harm of those around you. Stopping yourself from doing something right because it would be too difficult, or just too much.

Wrath- The Sin of Wrath is the most blatant kind of anger. Anger to the point of breaking. Getting out of your car and beating the man who cut you off in traffic to the point of hospitalization- that's wrath.

Envy- The Sin of Envy is quite closely related to Greed. While Greed is the act of stealing, in it's most basest of senses, Envy is the bastardization that gets you to that point. Those who find themselves more envious, however, mind end up doing something much, much worse than stealing.

Pride- The Sin of Pride is most easily seen in the man who stands in front of the crowds spouting how he's the closest thing to God they will ever see on this earth. He's the man who, if he watches another get stabbed in an alley, does nothing because earlier that man questioned his actions. If they're not with me, they're against me, right?

Virtues

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. This Law is not absolute here. However, that doesn't mean it can't at least have some place in reality. While there are men who would sell their mothers body for a new set of rims, there are those rare paragons of humanity who cast aside their Vices for the Virtues that, in some religions, God intended for them. Every man has one they hold above all else, even if they don't realize it.

Prudence- As a Storyteller, I've found Prudence and Temperance to be the most difficult to sufficiently explain to a person without the general understanding. Prudence, here, is the ability to distinguish which is the right choice between multiple options, and act on it. Here is the Wikipedia Article on Prudence for a little more information

Temperance- Temperance is the ability to hold yourself back. To be calm, understanding, and to be able to actively control your immediate urges. If one is to fulfill these even when they'd wish to immediate act, and to the detriment of their fellows, they would receive all of their Willpower back. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temperance_(virtue)

Justice- A man who believes in Justice believes in doing what is right above all else. Even when the alternative is much, much more tempting.

Fortitude- A courageous person who resigns to the Virtue of Fortitude will not stop. Even when it's easier or much more convenient to. They will continue on until what they have to do is done.

Charity- Those who find themselves Charitable above all else are those who are willing to give up a portion of themselves to help the less fortunate. It isn't simply volunteering once a month down at the homeless shelter, it's living your entire life with those horribly judged people in the back of your mind.

Hope- Much like Fortitude, those with Hope as their prominent Virtue simply will not give up. They can't. While some may view this as naivety, they know it to be something more. They know there's something better just over that next hill, and they'll get there. No matter what.

Faith- God. Government. Fellow Man. There are an unlimited amount of things to put your faith in, and that is exactly what these people do. They put their Faith in something else, which allows their body to act as a conduit for a higher being. Or at least that being's Ideals.

ThePage
ThePage
Storyteller

Character sheet
Name: Death Dealer
Virtue/Vice: Justice/Wrath/GoingToKillYou
Auspice: Rahu

https://portlandwilds.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum